Huron Regional Medical Center (HRMC) Foundation announces the availability of up to $10,000 in scholarship funds to promote careers in healthcare in the Huron area, according to Paul Rann, HRMC Foundation executive director.
“We are excited to announce that we will again be offering scholarships to individuals who are pursuing a career in a health field while ensuring that the Huron area continues to have quality, dedicated healthcare staff,” said Rann.
“The scholarship program began 10 years ago with the creation of a single $1,000 nursing scholarship designed to help promote the nursing education program at the Dakota Wesleyan University-Huron site,” according to Rann. “The HRMC Foundation board felt it was important to expand the scholarship program so that more students, who are interested in various healthcare careers, could benefit. This continued funding could not have happened without the generous gifts of HRMC employees and the Huron community.”
Applicants must have completed at least one year of college level coursework in a health-related degree or certification program and have a “C” or better grade point average. Preference will be given to applicants who indicate financial need and that they will seek to be employed or continue their employment in the Huron, SD area following graduation.
Up to $10,000 in scholarship funds may be available in three categories and actual scholarship award amounts will be determined by the scholarship committee:
- General public, health-related degree/certification programs
- Huron Regional Medical Center employees
- Children of Huron Regional Medical Center employees Scholarship applications must be postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 3, 2015. Recipients will be notified the first week of May. Application forms are available at the Foundation office located in the Huron Towers, 110 Fourth Street, Suite B-8, or online at www.hrmcfoundation.org. For more information, call 605-353-6319 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The purpose of the HRMC Foundation is to raise gift income each year, which will be used to support and endow the maintenance and enhancement of healthcare services on behalf of Huron Regional Medical Center.
- “The Foundation hopes to encourage individuals to further their education while pursuing a career in a healthcare field,” according to Rann. “We welcome students of all ages to apply and learn more about the lifelong benefits of a future in health care.”